Thursday, July 23, 2009

// Laughter & Peace Phil 4:7

I have rarely driven to any of the 13 softball games I have played in this year. I usually drive up with my brother. Actually, I think this was only the second time I drove. My nieces Vanessa and Tara (Tara thinks she's my niece too. I guess I can roll with that lol) asked if they could come with me to the game. God is so strategic. The game was very close, but not as exciting as it should have been. This was the quarter finals playoff game and the last time we played this team they ended the game early because we scored so many runs. Last night was different. The score was 1-0 with us in the lead for most of the game, 1-1 around the 4th inning, then 3-1 in the 6th with them in the lead. That's how it ended. I can remember us getting 1 hit in the first inning which was a triple; thank the Lord because we wouldn't have scored if it wasn't for that triple. One of the things that bugged me is that the team we played was in no way better than us. They just played slightly better than us last night. They didn't really do anything spectacular at all. As for me, I picked a terrible game to play my worst. Needless to say, I was upset, but that is an understatement. For some reason as we all walked back to our cars chatting away about the game I was burning up inside. I felt myself getting so angry. I rarely get angry. I get upset but not angry. Anyway, as I drove home with Tara and Vanessa (my 2 nieces lol) they knew I wasn't happy. I didn't say much of anything and if I did it was short. Again, I could feel the anger inside. It was almost odd for me because I haven't felt this way in a very very long time. Tara began to mess with me a little-sticking her tongue out and poking me. Well, I didn't want to lash out at her so I playfully told her to stop and then tried to flick her tongue when she stuck it out. Tara started to tell a story about when she was little and played baseball. The point of it was that she was terrible and one day while playing in the outfield a speed ball, that's what she called it, bounced and hit her in the throat and she quit. It was the funniest story and Vanessa was in the back seat laughing so hard that she almost stopped breathing. The story, along with Tara's drama, and Vanessa's laughter helped remove the anger and bring back the Peace. So what I am trying to say is, God's ways are so good and he knows exactly what we need even before we need them. He sets us up for success every time. He obviously knew that we would lose and He knew what I needed. I wish He told me we were going to lose, but that's all good (lol). He still provided Peace through Tara and Vanessa. Thanks girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment